Thursday, October 14, 2021 15:00 PM (GMT+7)
The message also states that, if the user is not open to the service, click on the link provided in the message to cancel.
In recent days, many mobile users have received strange messages from the beginning of the number named “Sacombank”, “SCB”,… The content of the unsigned message has the message “you have registered” global financial services” and “monthly service fee of VND 2,000,000 will be deducted in 2 hours”.
The message also states that, if the user is not open to the service, click on the link provided in the message to cancel. But users must pay close attention, these links are not official banks, for example https://scb.vn-epay.info nice https://sacombank.vn-bank.info. However, if you read it quickly, it is easy for users to mistake it for the domain name of . scb.vn nice sacombank.vn.
A phishing message is not difficult to spot.
In fact, the crook bought the domain name vn-epay.info and vn-bank.info, then create a subdomain that “follows” this domain to create a phishing link. Fraudsters are also very sophisticated when using the super secure transmission method (https://). Both of the above links are no longer accessible, but there is no guarantee that other fraudulent links will not appear, be it changing scb, sacombank to techcombank, tpbank, agribank, …
There have been many similar scams before. When you click on the attached link, the user will be redirected to a fake website that looks and feels similar to the bank’s official website. If you are gullible and fill in your login information, including the verification code, the money in your account will quickly “evaporate”.
The reason is that somewhere, crooks are creating transactions using users’ money, such as transfers, shopping,… Users entering information on the website are just providing information for the crooks to perform. just that action.
Users must be very careful when clicking on links sent via text, email, …
In this regard, the Department of Competition and Consumer Protection (CT&BVNTD) has repeatedly warned: Scammers impersonate the name of the bank to send messages at the time the bank is inactive (night, dawn, weekends, holidays, Tet), which contains fake links with system upgrade announcements, winning announcements, asking consumers to access fake websites/links similar to banking websites customers, request to enter account, password, OTP code for transactions via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking on fake website… After having this information, the subject performing the transaction appropriates all the money from the account.
Therefore, consumers pay attention to the following recommendations:
– DO NOT provide information about digital banking services, including login account, password, authentication code (OTP) or credit card number, to any individual or organization without clearly identifying the relationship. relationship;
– DO NOT access links, links in messages/emails of unknown or unknown origin;
– DO NOT perform transactions at the request of strangers when receiving phone calls, messages with content related to banking transactions (accessing strange links, transferring money via bank, top up cards, withdraw money) , …);
– DO NOT access or enter the user’s username, Internet Banking/Mobile Banking login password, OTP authentication code, account number, etc., on the website/link other than the Internet Banking website or link. of the bank;
– DO NOT install unauthenticated applications on the app store especially at the request of a stranger;
– DO NOT lend or rent personal information to open a card or bank account.
Users have become aware of the threats when it comes to banking and paying with mobile phones,…