Saturday, June 26, 2021 00:05 AM (GMT+7)
If you have forgotten your password or forgot the security pattern to unlock your phone, please refer to the simple steps below to unlock your smartphone.
You usually use some type of screen lock on your Android smartphone such as a PIN, Password or security pattern to lock your smartphone, preventing unauthorized access by others. Experts always recommend using long, hard-to-guess passwords for added security. However, sometimes setting a complex password makes it difficult to remember all of them and it is easy to enter the wrong password when unlocking the phone.
1. Unlock Android phone
To unlock your Android phone without losing the data stored on it, you can refer to the methods below.
Method 1: Unlock the phone using Android Device Manager
– Step 1. Access the address “https://myaccount.google.com/findyour-phone-guide” on
PC or another phone.
– Step 2. Next, sign in to the Google Account associated with your phone.
– Step 3. After logging in, select your correct device in the list of devices associated with the Google account you just signed in.
– Step 4. On the next screen, select the option “Lock your phone”
– Step 5. Now enter a new password to replace the old PIN, pattern or password on your phone.
– Step 6. Then click the “Lock” button at the bottom
– Step 7. Use the newly created password to unlock your phone and you’re done.
Method 2: Use the ‘Ok Google’ voice matching feature
If you have set up the ‘Voice Unlock’ feature in the Google Assistant (Google Assistant) setup. This feature works on pre-recorded voices. If this feature is enabled, you can simply say ‘Ok Google’ to unlock your smartphone.
Method 3: Use Samsung account khoản
If you are using a Samsung smartphone that is synced with your Samsung Account, follow these steps:
– Step 1. Go to the address “https://findmymobile.samsung.com/” and log in with your ID and password.
– Step 2. Select the ‘Unlock’ option and confirm your account password to unlock your smartphone.
Method 4. Unlock Android phone with dr.fone
Note: You will need a computer to use this method to unlock your Android phone.
– Step 1: Download the dr.fone software from the developer’s website from https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-lock-screen-removal.html
– Step 2: Open the app and click Unlock.
– Step 3: Connect your Android phone to your PC with a USB cable, then click Start.
– Step 4: If your phone is successfully connected, information about your phone will appear on the screen. If correct, click Next.
– Step 5: Boot your Android phone into Download mode (Download Mode) by powering off the phone and then pressing the Volume Down + Power key combination until the screen appears Downloading line, then stop pressing. The recovery package will now be downloaded, after which the password removal process will begin and a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
Note: On some phone lines, to confirm access to Download Mode, you need to press Volume Up to continue.
Method 5: Unlock Android phone with “Factory Reset”
– Depending on your Android device, the steps to factory reset may vary slightly, but the results should be the same on Android devices. Most devices will allow you to do a factory reset by entering Recovery Mode.
– Using this method will erase all data on your device. You should back up the content on your smartphone if you use this method of unlocking your phone.
– Step 1: Access Recovery Mode. Depending on different Android devices, the access method is different, you can search on Google with the keyword “Recovery + Smartphone name”. Most of them use 3 power keys and volume up and down.
– Step 2: In Recovery Mode, use the volume up or volume down keys to move. Select the line Wipe data / factory reset, press the Power key to confirm the selection. Then select Yes.
After you confirm the option, the phone will start the data wipe and factory reset process. It may take a few minutes. When done, your Android device will reboot without a passcode. This process will unlock your Android phone, but it also erases all its storage and settings information.
2. Unlock your iPhone if you forget the passcode
Apple explains how to unlock iPhone if you forget the passcode or password in the manuals for each model. For the iPhone 5c, for example, it’s available on page 155 as well as on the company’s support website. However, since this is a very frequently asked question, official answers and additional help are below for your convenience.
About iPhone Passcode
If you repeatedly enter the wrong passcode, your iPhone will be disabled for a longer period of time before you can try again. After too many failed attempts, you won’t be able to try again until you connect it to the computer where you last synced it (if the iPhone was synced with the computer).
Note: You can set your iPhone to erase all data on its own after 10 consecutive incorrect password attempts. This setting is disabled by default. To enable this feature, by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
If you can’t remember your iPhone unlock passcode, you’ll need to restore your device using the computer where you last synced your iPhone (or synced via iCloud). This allows you to reset your iPhone lock passcode and re-sync data from the device (or restore from a backup).
If you restore on another computer that has never been synced with your iPhone, you can still unlock the device and remove the passcode, but all data installed and stored on the device will be erased.
How to unlock iPhone phone
Method 1: How to unlock a locked iPhone with Find my iPhone
Use Apple’s Find My iPhone feature, which allows you to track your iOS devices, and in the worst case scenario, you can erase all data and restore the device to its factory state and set up. From the beginning, now the iPhone has been successfully unlocked.
– Step 1. Open the website https://www.icloud.com/find using a computer or another phone. Then sign in with your Apple ID and password.
– Step 2: Once signed in, find your iPhone in the list of devices associated with your iCloud account in the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and click it.
– Step 3. Click “Erase iPhone”, click “Erase” to confirm. You’ll still need to enter your Apple ID password to do this, but you won’t need your iPhone’s passcode.
– Step 4: After erasing, iPhone will return to factory settings and you can follow the instructions to restore iPhone using a recent backup.
Method 2: How to unlock a locked iPhone using a computer
Step 1: On your computer, launch iTunes and connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
– Step 2: Start iPhone recovery mode (Recovery mode). Depending on which iPhone model, you can refer to how to put iPhone into Recovery mode below:
+ If you have an iPhone 8 or later, press the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down, then press and hold the Power button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
+ If you have an iPhone 7, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the “Power Off” slider to the right. Finally, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
+ If you have an iPhone 6s or later, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the “Power Off” slider to the right. Then press and hold the Home button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
– Step 3: On your computer, click “Recover”.
When iTunes detects that your iPhone is in Recovery Mode, it will give you the option to restore it to factory settings.
– Step 4. After this process is complete, the iPhone will be set to the new factory state. You can then do a fresh setup or follow the onscreen instructions to restore your iPhone using a recent backup.
What to do to avoid the phone being locked?
– Regularly back up data on the phone in case the device is lost or forced to restore the factory settings to not lose important data.
– Store passwords, PIN codes or secure pattern formats so that you don’t forget them when you set passwords that are difficult to guess.
If your iPad is disabled because you entered the wrong password multiple times, you can still unlock it in a few steps…