PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a health problem in women. But it is not as common as people understand it. It is a hormonal and reproductive disease. Due to this, women often have problems with ovarian cysts, weight gain, irregular periods, hair growth in the face, chest and other parts of the body. Women with PCOS may also face the problem of infertility.
However, one of the most common side effects of PCOS is acne. Dr. Ruchi Srivastava of Sharda Hospital tells that 30 percent of women suffering from PCOS problem complain of acne. Usually these acne occurs in the cheeks, chin, upper neck, jawline and upper back. The reason for this is the correlation of hormones.
Causes of acne: Dr. Srivastava explains two important causes of acne-
1. Hyperandrogenism: This hormone increases the male qualities in women, which leads to more hair growth.
2. The increase in inflammation is another reason that causes acne.
TreatmentActually, PCOS is not curable, but it can be controlled by making daily exercise and healthy eating habits a part of your lifestyle. Dr. Ruchi Srivastava gives some tips to reduce PCOS. like-
* To improve most of the problems associated with PCOS, reduce the weight by four to five kilos.
* To control acne, take medicines with the advice of a doctor. Cleanse the skin daily and use a cleanser without oil.
* Do not do oil free makeup, it gets rid of the problem of acne.
* Improve diet. Include berries, cherries, fatty fish in the diet. Also, include broccoli, avocado, tomato, spinach, green tea, almonds and walnuts, turmeric, olive oil, dark chocolate and cocoa in your diet in fruits and vegetables.
* It is also important to stay away from certain foods, such as junk food, refined carbohydrates, fried things, sugary drinks, processed meats and trans fats.
The post Acne on the face, is it PCOS? Know its causes and remedies appeared first on Jansatta.