Breaking News

How did a 9-year-old girl use her iPhone to save her family?


Monday, November 8, 2021 19:10 PM (GMT+7)

A 9-year-old girl in Brockton (USA) saved her family from death by using her father’s face to unlock her iPhone.

When Jayline Barbosa’s family fainted from carbon monoxide poisoning, Jayline calmly took her father’s iPhone to call for help but was unable to because it was locked. “So I unlocked the device using my father’s face,” she said.

Although her father had fainted and passed away at the time, Face ID was still active, allowing Jayline to unlock her iPhone and call for help.

When the rescue team arrived, they found the amount of carbon monoxide inside the house (coming from a generator) measured at more than 1,000 parts per million, a level that can be fatal.

After regaining consciousness in the hospital, her mother said, “I wouldn’t be here if she wasn’t at home. It’s so smart.”

When the 9-year-old girl was sleeping, she was awakened by her father’s cry for help. He watched his wife pass out and lose consciousness shortly after. Five family members, including Jayline’s seven-year-old sister, were taken to hospital and all recovered.

Jayline’s father may have turned off the Require Attention for Face ID feature, and this could have saved the girl’s family from death.

In case you must use generators, place them in open spaces, with windows or vents and a carbon monoxide meter to minimize poisoning.

Source: https://kynguyenso.plo.vn/ky-nguyen-so/nhip-cong-nghe/be-gai-9-tuoi-da-su-dung-iphone-de-cuu-ca-…

2 ways to 'hard lock' iPhone in case the phone is lost

‘Hard lock’ is a form of forcing users to enter a passcode (passcode) to access iPhone, instead of using Touch ID…

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *