Omicron: If you think you have come in contact with someone Omicron positive, don’t be afraid just follow these rules.
Omicron, the new variant of the corona virus, is spreading very fast all over the world, due to which it has become more important now to wear a mask and follow social distancing. But there are still confusions regarding the masks used against the virus. Still some people are using cloth masks, while experts say that these masks are not effective in filtering Kovid particles. That’s why today in this article we will tell you that by using which mask you can avoid corona virus.
cloth mask: According to a research paper published in PeerJ, ’20 types of cloth masks were analyzed, in which it was found that the size of the pores in cloth masks was between 80 and 500 micrometers, while the corona virus was also in 0.12 micrometers. can enter. By using this mask, small particles of corona can get into our breath through our nose and throat.
surgical mask: Dr Pritam Moon of Wockhardt Hospital says that cloth masks are only effective in stopping large particles. They believe that high filtration masks are more effective against Omicron than cloth and surgical masks. While surgical masks are better than cloth masks, they are not very effective against Omicron.
N95 Mask: According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, N95 masks have a filter efficiency of 95 percent or more against particulate aerosols. The ministry says that masks should be with an expiry valve, should be disposable and should be suitable for the size of the face. Also it should be certified by NIOSH or any such organization.
KN95 Mask: According to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) of the United States, an N95 mask is a respiratory protection device designed to fit very close to the face and filter out airborne particles. Similarly, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated that KN95 masks are a cheaper alternative to N95 masks, as long as they meet the criteria set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
According to WHO, how to use a mask-
1. Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water before applying the mask.
2. Cover the mouth and nose with the mask and make sure that there is no empty space between your face and the mask.
3. Avoid touching the mask while using it; If you do, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
4. Replace the mask as soon as it becomes damp, and do not reuse a single-use mask.
5. To remove the mask: Remove it by grasping the back (do not touch the front of the mask). After taking off the mask, put it in a closed dustbin; Clean hands with alcohol based hand rub or soap and water.
How to dispose mask?
According to the MoHFW, the mask should be cut into pieces and thrown away in a paper bag for at least 72 hours. Along with this, clean hands after disposing of the mask and avoid touching your face, nose or mouth.